12 November 2005

Irony, thy name is Cat


I went to great lengths a few days ago telling ya'll to watch their kitties while they're sewing. (I was born in Missouri, I have every right to use the word "ya'll" thank you very much) The title of the tip was "Cats Can't Spit" which is true: if a kitty gets a strand of embroidery floss or thread caught in his mouth, he can't get rid of it. The backward facing hairs on his tongue which make it ideal for grooming are death-dealers when they catch on something he'd rather not swallow. Much as he tries to work them out, the hairs pull them in. (Here's the ironic part) Ever tried to give a cat a pill? Oh they can spit alright! If it's medicine, they can launch it into next Tuesday and bite you in the process.

Every night as we're trying to force a pill down Figaro's throat I am haunted by the words 'Cats Can't Spit'.

God has a strange sense of humor.
Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I familiar with your doublet diary for your husband. I stumbled across it while researching Moroni and I am thrilled to hear you're back at work on it.

    I suppose I should have said "unusual for ren faire" but what I really meant was "it constantly astounds me how inaccurate we really are most of the time". ;o)

    Thanks for the link! Yup, that's pretty much what it's like!
    Thank God that's over.

    -Scott

    ReplyDelete